Nov 26, 2011

LET YOUR DIGITS DUE THE WALKING - E.S./I.S. put out a tape

E.S./I.S.
I Saw You Sister, Stand in the Effulgence cassette
Digitalis Industries 2011

Spose we're off on a synth kick lately, though I've yet to belch about it, ta be frank. E.S./I.S. (I'm tired of writing that already) seem about as in-bed (or Bed-In if you like) with the Digitalis folks as your briefs are your short-n-curlies. I know, it sounds like I'm about to start slaying them, but hitch high that elastic, Seymour, this is allll right by me--though, in all fairness, the title made me think one of these sods has a wimple somewhere in the closet. No matter. These crusty sundress-wearers elude all the gripe-y territories usually found in the Digitalis canon. Kissin cousins might be Luc Marianni's Souvenirs du Futur and Vangelis's Invisible Connections, in their mutual geeky mean-muggin & flimsy stasis. God's truth: the moments come when this is exactly what ya wanna hear.
I know this is a pygmy of a review, but I'm really just tryin to avoid havin ta write their name again. Or I start thinkin bout the title and suddenly wanna croak. But no! Don't mind me. The day I shit the bed, I will not comment on the wallpaper.
Looking ahead for more of the same, kids! Best thing I've heard from this label in maybe years.

No comments: